Our friends at Arctic Rescue Victoria have asked us to share this gorgeous boy for them, and will be facilitating any adoptions – you can apply via us or them!
Who can resist a spicy redhead? Zlatan is looking for a new home that can see past his stunning looks and give him the care and life he needs.
Very cheeky and playful (typical Husky bitey-face this one is!) Zlatan has been diagnosed with a heart murmur that will need to be monitored and managed during his life. So he won’t be running any marathons – though he doesn’t really understand that!
Currently his condition requires biannual check ups and keeping his exercise levels under control, though this may change as he gets older. We don’t believe having a dodgy heart should stop him from living his best life and know the perfect family is out there for him.
Zlatan is quite the character and plays well with other dogs that are accustomed to rough and tumble – he would be best suited with a mature dog that won’t encourage his bossiness or keep him too revved up.
He lacks a little in the manners department and will need a family that can set appropriate boundaries and kindly condition him to formal physical handling.
As he can be quite boisterous, he isn’t suitable to live with young children and will need a typical Husky proof yard.
Zlatan loves his daily walks and exploring the world, plus is very responsive to yummy treats!
If you have room for this special ginger ninja in your life, apply to foster or adopt today!
Medical condition: Heart murmur – not currently requiring treatment but may in future, requires check ups twice a year and moderate exercise restrictions.
Zlatan will need:
- Any children to be in their teens
- No cats, pocket pets or other animals
- A home as an only dog, or he may be okay with a calm dog that will tolerate rough play
- Daily walks, always on lead
- A reasonable size yard with grass areas for digging and an undercover area for shelter
- Fences and gates will need to be at least 6 foot high, secure and dig-proof
- Homes with arctic breed experience, preferably with an energetic Husky, will be given priority
- Monitoring of his heart condition, and some degree of exercise restriction